Saturday, November 22, 2008

Two New Things - Both Happen to be Silver

So we recently acquired two new things that both happen to be silver. Our Christmas tree is new this year, I thought it was time for a new tree. We have never had a new tree and our old one was a garage sale purchase, who knows how long they had it before we did! Anyway, this 12 ft. tree makes up for the past 13 years. We had a fun time decorating it. Jonathan is tall, but even he had to stand on a ladder.
Our other new thing is more for me. I needed a different car and went shopping and we found one we both liked. Now I hope to be able to make it up our street come the winter; last year was a little iffy in our mini-van. It is a Chrysler Aspen and I really love h0w it drives.
Now, if only I can figure out how to convince my husband that we could use one more silver thing - say a platinum diamond ring. Best things come in three, right?!?!




5 comments:

Jeri said...

I love both of your silver things.Congrats on the car and your tree is beautiful.

k8shoe said...

That's a really tall tree! Looks good. I wish I had my decorations up already.

blairsblog6 said...

What!? How can you have your tree up yet? I am so jealous! Cool car! Isn't Edward's car silver? I am probably taking Sarah to Twilight, so I'll see it again. Matt would never go see it with me! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love the tree, we're hopefully going to put up decorations this weekend. I also love the car, especially since it will be able to reliably get you up here to see me - yeah! I'm going to make Rich go see Twilight with me, since he was out of town...hee, hee. Love ya!

Cassie and Chad said...

Hey Melanie it's good to catch up with you through your blog. You sure a cute family.